Prawn Masala | Spicy Indian Prawn Curry
Prawn – 500 gm
ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1/4 tbsp
Chili/Mirch Powder – 1/4 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 pinch
Oil to fry
For Gravy :
Onion – 1 Chopped
Tomato – 1 Chopped
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Coriander / Dhania Powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1 tsp
Chili/Mirch powder – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil – 4 tbsp
- Add all the marination ingredients to the cleaned Prawn and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Now Heat Oil in a pan. Then add marinated prawns. Saute until Prawn is fried. Prawn will release some water. Cook it on medium flame. Let it cook for 5 to 7 mins till it is cooked, turns red and curls.
- Now turn off flame and remove the prawns from pan and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a kadai. Add Mustard seeds. When it starts cracking, add Onion and saute until onion turns golden.
- Meanwhile make a thick paste adding ginger garlic paste, Turmeric , Chili , Coriander and Cumin powder with little amount of water.
- When Onion turns golden, add prepared paste to it and saute until spices get fried completely and oil starts separating. Keep Stirring continuously.
- Now add chopped Tomato and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add half of the chopped coriander leaves and fried Prawns. Cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Now add 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Prawn Masala is ready now. Garnish with chopped Coriander and serve.
Share below your feedback and Suggestions………