Green Chicken Masala/Hariyali Chicken made with fresh Coriander and Mint Leaves.
Video Link –
Chicken – 1/2 kg
Coriander leaves/ Dhaniya Patti – 1 bowl
Mint Leaves / Pudina patti- 1 bowl
Curd – 3/4 bowl
Green Chilli – 5 to 6
Chopped Onion – 1 big
Ginger garlic paste – 3 tbsp
Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tbsp
Whole Spices – Cumin Seeds/Jeera- 1 tbsp, Bay leaves-2, green Cardamom- 2, Cinnamon Stick- 1 inch
Sate – as per taste
Oil – 4-5 tbsp
- First Grind Coriander leaves, Mint Leaves, Green Chilies and Curd together to make a paste.
- Now heat pan. Pour 4-5 tbsp oil.
- Now add whole Spices. When it starts cracking, add chopped onion. Saute until onion becomes light golden.
- Now add 3 tbs of Ginger garlic Paste and saute until it’s raw aroma goes off.
- Now add chicken pieces. Cover and Cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Keep Stirring in between.
- Now add prepared green paste to it and mix well. Add Coriander and Garam Masala Powder.
- Again Cover and Cook with Stirring in between, till the chicken is tender and cooked and the gravy has thickened completely as we are preparing Dry Green Chicken.
- Now add Salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now Dry green Chicken is ready. Serve with Lemon and Onion. Use Coriander and Mint leaves for garnishing.
Dum Egg Biryani preapared in Hyderabadi style
Basmati Rice : 2 cups (Soaked in water for 15 minutes)
Fried onion : 3 medium
sliced onion : 1 medium
Eggs : 4 boiled
Curd : 4 tbs
Ginger Garlic paste – 3 tbs
Sabut/Whole garam masala: Black cardamon – 1, Green cardamon- 2, Cinnamon stick- 1 inch, Bay Leaf- 3, Clove- 2, Black pepper- 4, Sahi Jeera- 1 tbs, Javitri – small piece
Powdered spices: Turmeric powder- 1/2tbs, Coriander Powder – 1/2 tbs, Chili powder- 1/2 tbs, Biryani masala- 2 tbs
Ghee : 4 tbs
Oil : 4 tbs
Chopped Mint and Coriander leaves
Lemon : small piece
- Boil water with 2 tbs ghee, whole garam masala and 1 tbs salt. Cook Rice in this water till rice is 80% cooked.
- Slit boiled eggs with knife from all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add sliced onion and fry until brown. Set it aside to a plate.
- In the same pan heat oil. Fry boiled eggs with a pinch of chili , turmeric, coriander and biryani masala powder.
- When rice is 80% cooked, drain it and keep aside.
- Now heat oil and ghee in a heavy bottom pot. Add sahi jeera/cumin and bay leaves.
- Now add sliced onion and saute for 30 secs. Then add ginger garlic paste and fry until onion turns golden. Then add all the powdered spices and fry it for few seconds.
- Now add curd and mix well. Add salt and 2 tbs of Biryani masala. Then add fried eggs and saute until the mixture thickens. Switch off the stove.
- Now add 2 tbs ghee. Sprinkle some fried onion and chopped coriander and mint leaves. Then add partially cooked Rice. Sprinkle Biryani masala, fried onion, chopped coriander and mint leaves and lemon juice. Also sprinkle little amount of water. Cover the pot.
- Now heat a heavy bottom tawa. Place pot over the tawa. Set the flame to very low. Cook it this way for 10 mins. Switch off and allow it to rest for another 10 mins.
Open lid and mix well. Serve with Raita.
Prawn Masala | Spicy Indian Prawn Curry
Prawn – 500 gm
ginger garlic paste – 1tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1/4 tbsp
Chili/Mirch Powder – 1/4 tbsp
Pepper powder – 1 pinch
Oil to fry
For Gravy :
Onion – 1 Chopped
Tomato – 1 Chopped
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Coriander / Dhania Powder – 1 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric/Haldi powder – 1 tsp
Chili/Mirch powder – 1/2 tbsp
Coriander leaves – chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil – 4 tbsp
- Add all the marination ingredients to the cleaned Prawn and mix well. Set aside to marinate for 5 minutes.
- Now Heat Oil in a pan. Then add marinated prawns. Saute until Prawn is fried. Prawn will release some water. Cook it on medium flame. Let it cook for 5 to 7 mins till it is cooked, turns red and curls.
- Now turn off flame and remove the prawns from pan and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a kadai. Add Mustard seeds. When it starts cracking, add Onion and saute until onion turns golden.
- Meanwhile make a thick paste adding ginger garlic paste, Turmeric , Chili , Coriander and Cumin powder with little amount of water.
- When Onion turns golden, add prepared paste to it and saute until spices get fried completely and oil starts separating. Keep Stirring continuously.
- Now add chopped Tomato and salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add half of the chopped coriander leaves and fried Prawns. Cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Now add 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Prawn Masala is ready now. Garnish with chopped Coriander and serve.
Share below your feedback and Suggestions………